Monday, May 6, 2013

Kate Creates: Lasagna Rolls


When I looked in my fridge this afternoon, I noticed that I had some ingredients left over from my last recipe.  One of my thrifty tips is to not let food go to waste!  So, here's another recipe to use those groceries up!

Lasagna Rolls
Prep time:  30 minutes
Bake time:  30 minutes

Ingredients: 
4 lasagna noodles 
3/4 cup store bought alfredo sauce
1 cup store bought marinara sauce
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2 cup onion, diced
1tsp. garlic, minced
1/3 cup cooked spinach drained of excess moisture
1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
1 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese, plus extra for topping
1 tsp. Italian season (I use HEB Tuscan herb blend available with bulk spices)
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground black pepper

Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. 
  2. Prepare lasagna noodles according to package instructions. 
  3. Dice onion and mince garlic.  Sauté over medium heat in a small amount of olive oil until translucent.  Add spinach and mix until incorporated. 

4.  Combine spinach mixture with the last 6 ingredients. 
5.  Separate mixture into 4 equal parts.  Spread over the length of the lasagna noodles and roll. 

Ready for assembly!
 
6.  Spread marinara sauce in the bottom of a baking dish. 
7.  Place the rolls seam side down in the marinara sauce. 
8.  Spoon alfredo sauce over the top of the rolls.
9.  Cover with foil and bake at 375 for 20 minutes. 
10.  Remove foil and sprinkle rolls with mozzarella cheese. 
11.  Continue baking uncovered for an additional 10 minutes or until cheese is bubbly.

Ready for the oven.
Ready for my tummy!!!
 
I hope you enjoy it. 
 
à bientôt!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment